Friday 30 December 2011

Hello fellow poets in the kitchen...

It's been a big year!  Hospital food is still lousy...but the chef is back! - thanks to a new cocktail of medications (and blessed APO-DIAZEPAM 5MG TAB)...
It's New Years Eve!  Let's cook!  In about 10 hours I plan to stoke up the webber and cook some wonderful delights and rekindle my culinary passion into 2012!  The final year of the Mayan calendar!  We've picked up some delights from the Halal butcher...I also have some Piquillo Peppers and marinated whole mushrooms in a sweet and sour vinaigrette.  There's some left-over smoked Xmas ham - yeah, I'm thinking wood-fired pizza cooked alongside some lamb, herb and garlic sausage - just wish I had some proper Spanish sangria to wash it down with!  I'm also thinking of marinated kangaroo roasted lightly on the coals while my kitchen companions strum soft guitar chords and await midnight...I promise to post photos of this meager feast!
To all of you out there, have a safe night and a new year of creative prosperity!

No comments:

Post a Comment